Popeye Chicken

Not Popeye's the restaurant, the sailor man. I made this recipe a few days ago and my husband told everyone at his office that this is the best lean and green meal that he's ever had.
( just keepin' it real folks, I make good food but the photos need work!)
Popeye's Chicken
In a nice hot pan saute 3 diced chicken breasts in less than a Tablespoon of olive oil (good fat). While it cooks add 1/4 t of salt, 1/2 t of onion powder and as much Mrs. Dash as you like, I did less than 1/2 t. When the chicken is almost done press two large garlic cloves into the pan and add a cup of sliced mushrooms. Let them cook a bit and when the chicken is done add fresh spinach. I only used 1/2 of a bag but I wished I had done a little more- (try 2/3). Stir it around and let it get wilted. I like the stems to still have some crunch, so it tastes fresh and yummy... Not soggy and mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment