Fajita Chicken

We have been making this recipe for years. It makes the most fantastic fajita all dolled up with guacamole and sour cream and sauteed onions. Sorry, did I make your mouth water? You'll be able to eat those things in maintenance, but if you're "on the program" this chicken is still great in a lean and green fajita salad.



Fajita Chicken

1 orange juiced

2 limes juiced

3 T canola oil

2 garlic cloves pressed

1 jalapeno, seeded and minced

3 T fresh cilantro

1 T cumin

2 t salt

3 lb of chicken breast

Marinade chicken in mixture overnight, or all day and grill for dinner.

I must admit that my husband is always the grill master in our home. If I were manning the grill, this chicken might be burnt and dry. Be sure to cook it right so it is done and moist. I also know that this marinade contains fruit juices which are sugary. I am not a food scientist, but I do know that a lot of this marinade gets dumped down the sink. I can't imagine that the amount of sugar absorbed by the chicken is way more than is allowed with your "2 Tablespoons of condiment per day". I do know that acidic fruit juices tenderize meat. And, I do know that I have eaten this meal MANY times and feel that it does not slow or change my feeling of "ketosis".

No comments:

Post a Comment