Pork and Mushroom Gravy

Can gravy be lean and green? Well, I think so. If you consider it your condiment, and don't overdo it. This is something that I cook with out a recipe, I just do "some of this and some of that". Taste as you cook and if it's too thick, add more broth.
Pork and Mushroom Gravy
Sear lean pork chops in a pan with a Tablespoon of olive oil. Let them get brown on each side and then remove to a plate. Add to the brown bits in the pan a Tablespoon of flour and cook it until it browns. Then gradually add beef broth as you whisk and work the bits up from the bottom of the pan. Do it slowly and add more broth as the mixture gets thick. I end up adding about 2 to 1 1/2 cups of broth. Return the pork chops to the pan with the gravy to let them cook all the way through. Also add sliced mushrooms at this point. I cover the pan with foil and let it simmer to finish cooking the meat fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment